top of page


Project Ehtiyaat started as a collaborative initiative of Enactus College of Vocational Studies and Enactus SGTB Khalsa in the year 2020 that aimed to promote and instill the practice of hygiene to ensure safety during the global pandemic. We provided protective equipment kits adhering to the guidelines of W.H.O. at affordable prices to contain the proliferation of COVID-19. In this view, to cater to the needs of all the sections of the society, we proffered two safety kits; Suraksh-Kit and Premium Kit.

Later the initiative got converted into Project Ehtiyaat which aims to attenuate the critical issue of single-use plastic waste that ends up in the ocean while empowering traditional handloom communities by making them a key element of this project.



Project Ehtiyaat solves the problem of plastic pollution by establishing is a system of upcycling plastic bags that not only helps to reduce carbon emissions but also reuses them and gives back their value to the economy. It is also uplifting the underprivileged and unrecognized weavers using traditional handloom by providing financial assistance to them. 

Similarly, we also upcycle textile waste on a handloom by weaving it back into new pieces of fabric and subsequently reselling the fabric or stitching new products out of it.


We aim to reduce the detrimental impact of plastic waste by procuring it from waste disposal companies providing to their Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) needs which are then converted into plarn fabric on a traditional handloom. The fabric is then stitched into final products such as handbags, laptop sleeves, etc, and sold via  B2C & B2B channels such as eco-friendly retail websites & outlets. Also, we have sustainable packaging for our products thus creating a zero-waste model. 


Our nation's traditional culture resides in the hearts and souls of our weaving and stitching community who are revering this precious craftsmanship that goes into every single thread.
When we see smiles on each weaver’s face, the foundation of our project to revive the traditional handloom industry and provide sustained employment gets fulfilled.


Our project aims to combat the prevailing issue of single-use plastic waste by upcycling and converting plastic waste like polythene, discarded plastic printed rolls, etc. into various useful products which in turn helps reduce carbon emission. Additionally, we curb the use of plastic for packaging and logistics in every phase of our supply chain.


Skilled handweavers have struggled to make a living for many years. Thus, we make sure that the weavers receive 70% of the profit margin generated from our sales, and the remaining 30% gets be reinvested in our project.

bottom of page